What's Happening at Woodcliff
Read our blog to find out about upcoming events and more
Woodcliff Advent Calendar Church Creates Life-Sized Advent Calendar to give back to Community - Calgary Herald December 13, 2018 Sammy Hudes Woodcliff United Church is spreading the Christmas cheer this season with a life-size advent calendar outside its doors. The community project is six metres long, made from drawers, dressers and cabinets. “Every single day a different drawer is unlocked. Each drawer has something special in it you can pick up,” said Sheri Bolitho, children’s ministry co-ordinator for the church. Holiday goodies free to the public include Christmas ornaments, treats, candy and dog treats. The project aims to encourage “fun interaction with the surrounding community and those who are passing by the area on their way to Edworthy Park.” The calendar also has a charitable component, as it was used to collect hats and small personal hygiene items for the Drop-In Centre on Dec. 5. More than 100 items, including toques and mitts, were donated. The church will also hold a food bank drive on Dec. 20. Bolitho said it’s the first time the initiative has been done by the church. “It’s been pretty awesome,” she said. “We have kids that have changed their walk routes home from school to make sure they get to come every day. It’s really just to let people know that Woodcliff is in the community, we’re there for them and outreach is a big part of our focus.”
- Reflections from the Rev
September 13, 2017 June 14 “Teamwork makes the dreamwork”. I can’t remember where I heard this. All I know is that it has been stuck in my head for months. Perhaps it is the Spirit whispering to me at this point in time where we are set to celebrate volunteers and children’s graduations on Sunday. It is fitting that ...
- Woodcliff United Art Show
October 1, 2018 Congratulations and many thanks to our Woodcliff United Church Choir, our community artists, Alberta Porcelain Artists and the many members of our congregation that volunteered their time and energy in contributing to the high quality of our Art Show and Music Extravaganza on September 29th. Special thanks to Sandra Atkinson who organized and conducted ...
- Children’s Ministry
June 28, 2018 At Woodcliff, children are a very important part of our community. On Sundays, children begin worship with their families. After the first part of the service, children aged 3 through grade 6 are invited to participate in Children’s worship in the lower level classrooms. We have a wonderful team of teachers ready to teach age-appropriate lessons and ...
June 28, 2018 The sound of music fills our sanctuary every Sunday morning, thanks to the Choir and a variety of guest musicians who share their time and musical talents throughout the year. Do you love to sing and enjoy choral music? New members are always welcome. Join us on Thursday evenings from 7:30 – 9:00 p.m. for practice. For more ...
- Healing Pathways
June 28, 2018 We have a dedicated group of Healing Pathway practitioners who offer sessions free of charge and upon request. Feel the healing energy of God! Sessions are conducted confidentially and respectfully. Please contact the church office to book an appointment at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information, please download the Pastoral Care Guide.
- Hospitality and Congregational Life
June 28, 2018 These committees offer a heartfelt welcome and organize social events for all who come into the community of faith at Woodcliff United Church. Visitors to Woodcliff are first warmly welcomed by members of our Hospitality Committee on Sunday mornings. In addition to providing visitors with a greeting, this group distributes bulletins, collects the offering and serves ...
- Men’s Breakfast Group
June 28, 2018 Men’s Breakfast Group will resume in September when you can join us at 8:30 am on the third Saturday of the month for breakfast, engaging discussion and social activities. Breakfast making occurs on a rotating basis and you don’t have to be a chef to join us! Contact our office at email@example.com for more information or to RSVP for ...
- Women Of Woodcliff
June 28, 2018 We, the Women of Woodcliff (WOW), meet the second and fourth Mondays of each month at 7:15 pm for a time of community, sharing stories, life experiences, and companionship. Monthly guest speakers share topics of interest. Have a topic you want to explore? Let us know. All women, no matter what your age, are invited to take part in ...
- Youth Ministry
June 28, 2018 Looking for interesting things to do with young adults your own age? Join us! We hold games nights, play laser tag, go to festivals and field trips, volunteer and so much more! We are a welcoming and accepting Youth Group for anyone Grade 7 through Grade 12. We meet on Sundays from 10:00 – 11:30 am and have ...
- Thirsty Thursdays
June 28, 2018 Join us again starting in September on Thursday mornings for coffee and conversation. Stop by for a visit anytime between 10:00 and 11:30 am each week. Everyone is welcome!
June 28, 2018 Our Outreach Committee brings awareness to local and global needs and works on pressing social justice issues. Together with the congregation, Outreach raises funds through events like the annual Global Festival sale and leads activities that make a difference for others outside of Woodcliff. Habitat for Humanity, Brenda’s House, Sunshine House, Calgary Food Bank and projects ...
- Pastoral Care
June 28, 2018 The Pastoral Care Committee of Woodcliff United Church has oversight of all pastoral care activities in the church and works in close collaboration with the Minister. Often referred to as care ministry, pastoral care at Woodcliff is carried out by many dedicated people who, in their individual ways, reach out with a caring presence to the ...
- Connect With Us
November 21, 2017 Have you followed us on social media yet? Find us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter for updates on our events and for all things Woodcliff! @woodcliffunited
Listed below are all the newsletters we have sent out recently. Just click on the link of the one you are interested in and it will open in a new tab or window.
- 06/14/2019 - Woodcliff Messenger June 14, 2019
- 06/07/2019 - Woodcliff Messenger June 7, 2019
- 05/31/2019 - Woodcliff Messenger May 31, 2019
- 05/24/2019 - Woodcliff Messenger May 24, 2019
- 05/17/2019 - Woodcliff Messenger May 17, 2019
- 05/10/2019 - Woodcliff Messenger May 10, 2019
- 05/03/2019 - Woodcliff Messenger May 3, 2019
- 04/26/2019 - Woodcliff Messenger April 26, 2019
- 04/18/2019 - Woodcliff Messenger April 18, 2019
- 04/12/2019 - Woodcliff Messenger April 12, 2019
- 04/05/2019 - Woodcliff Messenger April 5, 2019
- 03/29/2019 - Woodcliff Messenger March 29, 2018
- 03/22/2019 - Woodcliff Messenger March 22, 2019
- 03/15/2019 - Woodcliff Messenger March 15, 2019
- 03/08/2019 - Woodcliff Messenger March 8, 2019
- 03/01/2019 - Woodcliff Messenger March 1, 2019
- 02/22/2019 - Woodcliff Messenger Feb. 22
- 02/15/2019 - Woodcliff Messenger February 15, 2019
- 02/08/2019 - Woodcliff Messenger February 8, 2019
- 02/01/2019 - Woodcliff Messenger February 1, 2019
- 01/25/2019 - Woodcliff Messenger January 25, 2019
- 01/18/2019 - Woodcliff Messenger January 18, 2019
- 01/11/2019 - Woodcliff Messenger January 11, 2019
- 01/04/2019 - Woodcliff Messenger January 4, 2019
- 12/28/2018 - Woodcliff Messenger December 28, 2018
- 12/21/2018 - Woodcliff Messenger December 21, 2018
- 12/14/2018 - Woodcliff Messenger December 14, 2018
- 12/07/2018 - Woodcliff Messenger December 7, 2018
- 11/30/2018 - Woodcliff Messenger November 30, 2018
- 11/23/2018 - Woodcliff Messenger November 23, 2018
- 11/16/2018 - Woodcliff Messenger November 16, 2018
- 11/09/2018 - Woodcliff Messenger November 9, 2018
- 11/02/2018 - Woodcliff Messenger Nov. 2, 2018
- 10/26/2018 - Woodcliff Messenger October 26, 2018
- 10/19/2018 - Woodcliff Messenger October 18, 2018
- 10/14/2018 - News from our Woodcliff Family
- 10/12/2018 - Woodcliff Messenger October 12, 2018
- 10/05/2018 - Woodcliff Messenger October 5, 2018
- 09/28/2018 - Woodcliff Messenger September 28, 2018
- 09/21/2018 - Woodcliff Messenger September 21, 2018
- 09/14/2018 - Woodcliff Messenger September 14, 2018
- 09/07/2018 - Woodcliff Messenger September 7, 2018
- 08/31/2018 - Woodcliff Messenger August 31, 2018
- 08/24/2018 - Woodcliff Messenger August 24, 2018
- 08/17/2018 - Woodcliff Messenger August 17, 2018
- 08/10/2018 - Messenger August 10, 2018
- 08/03/2018 - Woodcliff Messenger August 3
- 07/27/2018 - Woodcliff Messenger July 27, 2018
- 07/20/2018 - Woodcliff Messenger July 20, 2018
- 07/13/2018 - Woodcliff Messenger July 13, 2018
- 07/06/2018 - Woodcliff Messenger July 6, 2018
- 06/29/2018 - Woodcliff Messenger June 29, 2018
- 06/22/2018 - Woodcliff Messenger June 22, 2018
- 06/15/2018 - Woodcliff Messenger June 15, 2018
- 06/13/2018 - Windows for Woodcliff Final Update
- 06/08/2018 - Woodcliff Messenger June 8, 2018
- 06/06/2018 - Windows for Woodcliff Update Six
- 06/01/2018 - Woodcliff Messenger June 1, 2018
- 05/30/2018 - Windows for Woodcliff Update Week 5
- 05/25/2018 - Woodcliff Messenger May 25, 2018
- 05/23/2018 - Windows for Woodcliff Update Four
- 05/18/2018 - Woodcliff Messenger May 18, 2018
- 05/16/2018 - Window for Woodcliff Update Number Three
- 05/11/2018 - Woodcliff Messenger May 11, 2018
- 05/09/2018 - Woodcliff Windows Update Number Two
- 05/04/2018 - Woodcliff Messenger May 4, 2018
- 05/02/2018 - Woodcliff Windows Update #1
- 04/27/2018 - Woodcliff Messenger April 27, 2018
- 04/20/2018 - Woodcliff Messenger April 20, 2018
- 04/13/2018 - Woodcliff Messenger April 13, 2018
- 04/06/2018 - Woodcliff Messenger April 6, 2018