What's Happening at Woodcliff
Read our blog to find out about upcoming events and more
- Thirsty Thursdays
June 28, 2018 Join us again starting in September on Thursday mornings for coffee and conversation. Stop by for a visit anytime between 10:00 and 11:30 am each week. Everyone is welcome!
- Women Of Woodcliff
June 28, 2018 We, the Women of Woodcliff (WOW), meet the second and fourth Mondays of each month at 7:15 pm for a time of community, sharing stories, life experiences, and companionship. Monthly guest speakers share topics of interest. Have a topic you want to explore? Let us know. All women, no matter what your age, are invited to take part in ...
- Men’s Breakfast Group
June 28, 2018 Men’s Breakfast Group will resume in September when you can join us at 8:30 am on the third Saturday of the month for breakfast, engaging discussion and social activities. Breakfast making occurs on a rotating basis and you don’t have to be a chef to join us! Contact our office at email@example.com for more information or to RSVP for ...
- Hospitality and Congregational Life
June 28, 2018 These committees offer a heartfelt welcome and organize social events for all who come into the community of faith at Woodcliff United Church. Visitors to Woodcliff are first warmly welcomed by members of our Hospitality Committee on Sunday mornings. In addition to providing visitors with a greeting, this group distributes bulletins, collects the offering and serves ...
- Healing Pathways
June 28, 2018 We have a dedicated group of Healing Pathway practitioners who offer sessions free of charge and upon request. Feel the healing energy of God! Sessions are conducted confidentially and respectfully. Please contact the church office to book an appointment at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information, please download the Pastoral Care Guide.
June 28, 2018 Our Outreach Committee brings awareness to local and global needs and works on pressing social justice issues. Together with the congregation, Outreach raises funds through events like the annual Global Festival sale and leads activities that make a difference for others outside of Woodcliff. Habitat for Humanity, Brenda’s House, Sunshine House, Calgary Food Bank and projects ...
- Pastoral Care
June 28, 2018 The Pastoral Care Committee of Woodcliff United Church has oversight of all pastoral care activities in the church and works in close collaboration with the Minister. Often referred to as care ministry, pastoral care at Woodcliff is carried out by many dedicated people who, in their individual ways, reach out with a caring presence to the ...
June 28, 2018 The sound of music fills our sanctuary every Sunday morning, thanks to the Choir and a variety of guest musicians who share their time and musical talents throughout the year. Do you love to sing and enjoy choral music? New members are always welcome. Join us on Thursday evenings from 7:30 – 9:00 p.m. for practice. For more ...
- Youth Ministry
June 28, 2018 Looking for interesting things to do with young adults your own age? Join us! We hold games nights, play laser tag, go to festivals and field trips, volunteer and so much more! We are a welcoming and accepting Youth Group for anyone Grade 7 through Grade 12. We meet on Sundays from 10:00 – 11:30 am and have ...
- Children’s Ministry
June 28, 2018 At Woodcliff, children are a very important part of our community. On Sundays, children begin worship with their families. After the first part of the service, children aged 3 through grade 6 are invited to participate in Children’s worship in the lower level classrooms. We have a wonderful team of teachers ready to teach age-appropriate lessons and ...
- Connect With Us
November 21, 2017 Have you followed us on social media yet? Find us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter for updates on our events and for all things Woodcliff! @woodcliffunited
- Reflections from the Rev
September 13, 2017 September 21, 2018 On my way to work there are 4 playground/school zones. The speed limit in those areas are 30 kmh. Therefore, a short trip to the church actually takes me almost twice as long to make. I think of the different areas in life where we are mandated to go slower. It could be ...
Listed below are all the newsletters we have sent out recently. Just click on the link of the one you are interested in and it will open in a new tab or window.
- 09/21/2018 - Woodcliff Messenger September 21, 2018
- 09/14/2018 - Woodcliff Messenger September 14, 2018
- 09/07/2018 - Woodcliff Messenger September 7, 2018
- 08/31/2018 - Woodcliff Messenger August 31, 2018
- 08/24/2018 - Woodcliff Messenger August 24, 2018
- 08/17/2018 - Woodcliff Messenger August 17, 2018
- 08/10/2018 - Messenger August 10, 2018
- 08/03/2018 - Woodcliff Messenger August 3
- 07/27/2018 - Woodcliff Messenger July 27, 2018
- 07/20/2018 - Woodcliff Messenger July 20, 2018
- 07/13/2018 - Woodcliff Messenger July 13, 2018
- 07/06/2018 - Woodcliff Messenger July 6, 2018
- 06/29/2018 - Woodcliff Messenger June 29, 2018
- 06/22/2018 - Woodcliff Messenger June 22, 2018
- 06/15/2018 - Woodcliff Messenger June 15, 2018
- 06/13/2018 - Windows for Woodcliff Final Update
- 06/08/2018 - Woodcliff Messenger June 8, 2018
- 06/06/2018 - Windows for Woodcliff Update Six
- 06/01/2018 - Woodcliff Messenger June 1, 2018
- 05/30/2018 - Windows for Woodcliff Update Week 5
- 05/25/2018 - Woodcliff Messenger May 25, 2018
- 05/23/2018 - Windows for Woodcliff Update Four
- 05/18/2018 - Woodcliff Messenger May 18, 2018
- 05/16/2018 - Window for Woodcliff Update Number Three
- 05/11/2018 - Woodcliff Messenger May 11, 2018
- 05/09/2018 - Woodcliff Windows Update Number Two
- 05/04/2018 - Woodcliff Messenger May 4, 2018
- 05/02/2018 - Woodcliff Windows Update #1
- 04/27/2018 - Woodcliff Messenger April 27, 2018
- 04/20/2018 - Woodcliff Messenger April 20, 2018
- 04/13/2018 - Woodcliff Messenger April 13, 2018
- 04/06/2018 - Woodcliff Messenger April 6, 2018