Explore What's Going on at Woodcliff
Check out the calendar, watch a recent sermon or read our blog to find out about upcoming events and more!
Check out the Calendar, watch a recent sermon or read our blog to find out about upcoming events and more
- Kept in our prayers…
June 10, 2021There are no words to express the injustice, sorrow and horror about the tragedy surrounding the 215 bodies of children found buried at the residential school in Kamloops. We will not forget and we will continue to bring awareness to the forefront, advocate for social justice and change.
- Workship Sunday – May 30th
May 26, 2021If I then, your Lord and Teacher, have washed your feet, you also ought to wash one another’s feet. For I have given you an example, that you also should do just as I have done to you. John 13: 14-15 Sunday, May 30th marks our second day of Workship at Woodcliff. We encourage everyone in ...
- What do you think you are celebrating?!?
May 20, 2021Woodcliff United Celebrates Becoming an Affirming Church “What do you think you are celebrating!?” Those were the words my mom often used when she found my friends and me in costumes, and running around the yard in joyful abandon. We were connecting with the deep joy of being creative, diverse, authentic and fully accepting of each other! ...
- May 5 – Red Dress Day
May 6, 2021Red Dress Day is a day of national remembrance to honour Indigenous Missing and Murdered Women, Girls and Two Spirited People. We pray, honour and remember, and will continue to raise awareness about the ongoing plight Indigenous women face. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KMYi-2BMsI
- Art Through Cooking
May 6, 2021Monday online cooking classes have started as part of the small group ministries at Woodcliff United. We are delighted to be exploring new countries and talking about some of their food and traditions. Mexico, the Mediterranean, Israel and Vietnam are just a few of our destinations. A special thank you to Sheri for her creativity!
- Celebrating an Affirming Community of Faith – May 16
April 7, 2021On March 7th at the Woodcliff Annual Congregational Meeting, we became an official affirming community of faith! Please join us on May 16 for our Celebration Service.
- 2021 World Day of Prayer
April 7, 2021On March 30, we celebrated the 2021 World Day of Prayer with Woodcliff members and friend, and with representatives of eight other churches in Calgary Area 4. What a wonderful celebration it was and so fitting that we held it during Holy week. We experience so many emotions between Palm Sunday and Easter Sunday! It’s ...
- Lenten Challenge
March 22, 2021We are proud to say Woodcliff met its Lenten Challenge 2021 by packaging and delivering 1,217 bagged lunches to the Calgary Drop In Centre today! Thank you to all of the volunteers and supporters who made this all happen.
- Woodcliff Advent Calendar
December 16, 2020Church Creates Life-Sized Advent Calendar to give back to Community – Calgary Herald December 13, 2018 Sammy Hudes Woodcliff United Church is spreading the Christmas cheer this season with a life-size advent calendar outside its doors. The community project is six metres long, made from drawers, dressers and cabinets.“Every single day a different drawer is unlocked. Each drawer ...
- A Christmas campaign, a concert, and a toilet named Johnny Cash (yes, a toilet)
December 15, 2020Woodcliff United Church and Robert McLure United Church have been enthusiastic supporters of Habitat for Humanity and the Interfaith Build Project.Woodcliff made a five-year commitment and has participated in Build Days, hosted a benefit concert – featuring the sounds of Banff folk musicians, The Wardens – and put on a Christmas fundraising campaign, aptly named ...
- Reflections from the Rev
September 13, 2017June 2, 2020 “Look, aren’t all the people who are speaking Galileans, every one of them? How then can each of us hear them speaking in our native language? Parthians, Medes, and Elamites; as well as residents of Mesopotamia, Judea, and Cappadocia, Pontus and Asia, Phrygia and Pamphylia, Egypt and the regions of Libya bordering Cyrene; ...
- Woodcliff United Art Show
October 1, 2018Congratulations and many thanks to our Woodcliff United Church Choir, our community artists, Alberta Porcelain Artists and the many members of our congregation that volunteered their time and energy in contributing to the high quality of our Art Show and Music Extravaganza on September 29th. Special thanks to Sandra Atkinson who organized and conducted ...
- Children’s Ministry
June 28, 2018At Woodcliff, children are a very important part of our community. On Sundays, children begin worship with their families. After the first part of the service, children aged 3 through grade 6 are invited to participate in Children’s worship in the lower level classrooms. We have a wonderful team of teachers ready to teach age-appropriate lessons and ...
June 28, 2018The sound of music fills our sanctuary every Sunday morning, thanks to the Choir and a variety of guest musicians who share their time and musical talents throughout the year. Do you love to sing and enjoy choral music? New members are always welcome. Join us on Thursday evenings from 7:30 – 9:00 p.m. for practice. For more ...
- Hospitality and Congregational Life
June 28, 2018These committees offer a heartfelt welcome and organize social events for all who come into the community of faith at Woodcliff United Church. Visitors to Woodcliff are first warmly welcomed by members of our Hospitality Committee on Sunday mornings. In addition to providing visitors with a greeting, this group distributes bulletins, collects the offering and serves ...
- Women Of Woodcliff
June 28, 2018We, the Women of Woodcliff (WOW), currently meet virtually on a monthly basis for a time of community, sharing stories, life experiences, and companionship. Monthly guest speakers share topics of interest. Have a topic you want to explore? Let us know. All women, no matter what your age, are invited to take part in any or all of WOW’s programs. To ...
- Youth Ministry
June 28, 2018Looking for interesting things to do with young adults your own age? Join us! We hold games nights, play laser tag, go to festivals and field trips, volunteer and so much more! We are a welcoming and accepting Youth Group for anyone Grade 7 through Grade 12. We meet on Sundays from 10:00 – 11:30 am and have ...
- Thirsty Thursdays
June 28, 2018Join us again starting in September on Thursday mornings for coffee and conversation. Stop by for a visit anytime between 10:00 and 11:30 am each week. Everyone is welcome!
June 28, 2018Our Outreach Committee brings awareness to local and global needs and works on pressing social justice issues. Together with the congregation, Outreach raises funds through events like the annual Global Festival sale and leads activities that make a difference for others outside of Woodcliff. Habitat for Humanity, Brenda’s House, Sunshine House, Calgary Food Bank and projects ...
- Pastoral Care
June 28, 2018The Pastoral Care Committee of Woodcliff United Church has oversight of all pastoral care activities in the church and works in close collaboration with the Minister. Often referred to as care ministry, pastoral care at Woodcliff is carried out by many dedicated people who, in their individual ways, reach out with a caring presence to the ...
- Connect With Us
November 21, 2017Have you followed us on social media yet? Find us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter for updates on our events and for all things Woodcliff! @woodcliffunited
- 05/31/2020 - Alone and Together Worship May 31, 2020
- 05/24/2020 - Alone and Together Worship May 24, 2020
- 05/17/2020 - Alone and Together Worship May 17, 2020
- 05/10/2020 - Alone & Together Worship at Home May 10, 2020
- 05/03/2020 - Alone & Together Worship May 3, 2020
- 04/26/2020 - Alone and Together Worship April 26, 2020
- 04/20/2020 - Prayers for Nova Scotia
- 04/19/2020 - Alone & Together Worship Messenger April 19, 2020
- 04/12/2020 - Worship With us Easter Sunday
- 04/10/2020 - Messenger April 10 - Good Friday
- 04/05/2020 - Worship With us Palm Sunday
- 03/29/2020 - WUC Virtual Service Sunday March 29, 2020
- 03/22/2020 - Woodcliff Worship March 22, 2020
- 03/15/2020 - Special Woodcliff Messenger
- 03/13/2020 - Woodcliff Messenger March 13, 2020
- 03/06/2020 - Woodcliff Messenger March 6, 2020
- 02/28/2020 - Woodcliff Messenger February 28, 2020
- 02/21/2020 - Woodcliff Messenger February 21, 2020
- 02/14/2020 - Woodcliff Messenger February 14, 2020 ❤
- 02/07/2020 - Woodcliff Messenger February 7, 2020
- 01/31/2020 - Woodcliff Messenger January 31, 2020
- 01/24/2020 - Woodcliff Messenger January 24, 2020
- 01/17/2020 - Woodcliff Messenger January 17, 2020
- 01/10/2020 - Woodcliff Messenger January 10, 2020
- 01/03/2020 - Woodcliff Messenger January 3, 2019
- 12/20/2019 - Woodcliff Messenger December 20, 2019
- 12/13/2019 - Woodcliff Messenger December 13, 2019
- 12/06/2019 - Woodcliff Messenger December 6, 2019
- 11/29/2019 - Woodcliff Messenger November 29, 2019
- 11/22/2019 - Woodcliff Messenger November 22, 2019
- 11/15/2019 - Woodcliff Messenger November 15, 2019
- 11/08/2019 - Woodcliff Messenger November 8, 2019
- 11/01/2019 - Woodcliff Messenger November 1, 2019
- 10/25/2019 - Woodcliff Messenger October 25, 2019
- 10/18/2019 - Woodcliff Messenger October 18, 2019
- 10/11/2019 - Woodcliff Messenger October 11, 2019
- 10/04/2019 - October 4, 2019
- 09/27/2019 - Woodcliff Messenger September 27
- 09/20/2019 - Woodcliff Messenger September 20, 2019
- 09/13/2019 - Woodcliff Messenger September 13, 2019
- 09/06/2019 - Woodcliff Messenger Sept 6 2019
- 08/30/2019 - Woodcliff Messenger August 30, 2019
- 08/23/2019 - August 23 Messenger
- 08/16/2019 - Woodcliff Messenger August 16, 2019
- 08/09/2019 - Woodcliff Messenger August 9, 2019
- 08/02/2019 - Woodcliff Messenger August 2, 2019
- 07/26/2019 - Woodcliff Messenger July 26, 2019
- 07/19/2019 - Woodcliff Messenger July 19, 2019
- 07/12/2019 - Woodcliff Messenger July 12, 2019
- 07/05/2019 - Messenger July 5, 2019
- 06/28/2019 - Woodcliff Messenger June 28, 2019
- 06/21/2019 - Woodcliff Messenger June 21, 2019
- 06/14/2019 - Woodcliff Messenger June 14, 2019
- 06/07/2019 - Woodcliff Messenger June 7, 2019
- 05/31/2019 - Woodcliff Messenger May 31, 2019
- 05/24/2019 - Woodcliff Messenger May 24, 2019
- 05/17/2019 - Woodcliff Messenger May 17, 2019
- 05/10/2019 - Woodcliff Messenger May 10, 2019
- 05/03/2019 - Woodcliff Messenger May 3, 2019
- 04/26/2019 - Woodcliff Messenger April 26, 2019
- 04/18/2019 - Woodcliff Messenger April 18, 2019
- 04/12/2019 - Woodcliff Messenger April 12, 2019
- 04/05/2019 - Woodcliff Messenger April 5, 2019
- 03/29/2019 - Woodcliff Messenger March 29, 2018
- 03/22/2019 - Woodcliff Messenger March 22, 2019
- 03/15/2019 - Woodcliff Messenger March 15, 2019
- 03/08/2019 - Woodcliff Messenger March 8, 2019
- 03/01/2019 - Woodcliff Messenger March 1, 2019
- 02/22/2019 - Woodcliff Messenger Feb. 22
- 02/15/2019 - Woodcliff Messenger February 15, 2019
- 02/08/2019 - Woodcliff Messenger February 8, 2019
- 02/01/2019 - Woodcliff Messenger February 1, 2019
- 01/25/2019 - Woodcliff Messenger January 25, 2019
- 01/18/2019 - Woodcliff Messenger January 18, 2019
- 01/11/2019 - Woodcliff Messenger January 11, 2019
- 01/04/2019 - Woodcliff Messenger January 4, 2019
- 12/28/2018 - Woodcliff Messenger December 28, 2018
- 12/21/2018 - Woodcliff Messenger December 21, 2018
- 12/14/2018 - Woodcliff Messenger December 14, 2018
- 12/07/2018 - Woodcliff Messenger December 7, 2018
- 11/30/2018 - Woodcliff Messenger November 30, 2018
- 11/23/2018 - Woodcliff Messenger November 23, 2018
- 11/16/2018 - Woodcliff Messenger November 16, 2018
- 11/09/2018 - Woodcliff Messenger November 9, 2018
- 11/02/2018 - Woodcliff Messenger Nov. 2, 2018
- 10/26/2018 - Woodcliff Messenger October 26, 2018
- 10/19/2018 - Woodcliff Messenger October 18, 2018
- 10/14/2018 - News from our Woodcliff Family
- 10/12/2018 - Woodcliff Messenger October 12, 2018
- 10/05/2018 - Woodcliff Messenger October 5, 2018
- 09/28/2018 - Woodcliff Messenger September 28, 2018
- 09/21/2018 - Woodcliff Messenger September 21, 2018
- 09/14/2018 - Woodcliff Messenger September 14, 2018
- 09/07/2018 - Woodcliff Messenger September 7, 2018
- 08/31/2018 - Woodcliff Messenger August 31, 2018
- 08/24/2018 - Woodcliff Messenger August 24, 2018
- 08/17/2018 - Woodcliff Messenger August 17, 2018
- 08/10/2018 - Messenger August 10, 2018
- 08/03/2018 - Woodcliff Messenger August 3
- 07/27/2018 - Woodcliff Messenger July 27, 2018
- 07/20/2018 - Woodcliff Messenger July 20, 2018
- 07/13/2018 - Woodcliff Messenger July 13, 2018
- 07/06/2018 - Woodcliff Messenger July 6, 2018
- 06/29/2018 - Woodcliff Messenger June 29, 2018
- 06/22/2018 - Woodcliff Messenger June 22, 2018
- 06/15/2018 - Woodcliff Messenger June 15, 2018
- 06/13/2018 - Windows for Woodcliff Final Update
- 06/08/2018 - Woodcliff Messenger June 8, 2018
- 06/06/2018 - Windows for Woodcliff Update Six
- 06/01/2018 - Woodcliff Messenger June 1, 2018
- 05/30/2018 - Windows for Woodcliff Update Week 5
- 05/25/2018 - Woodcliff Messenger May 25, 2018
- 05/23/2018 - Windows for Woodcliff Update Four
- 05/18/2018 - Woodcliff Messenger May 18, 2018
- 05/16/2018 - Window for Woodcliff Update Number Three
- 05/11/2018 - Woodcliff Messenger May 11, 2018
- 05/09/2018 - Woodcliff Windows Update Number Two
- 05/04/2018 - Woodcliff Messenger May 4, 2018
- 05/02/2018 - Woodcliff Windows Update #1
- 04/27/2018 - Woodcliff Messenger April 27, 2018
- 04/20/2018 - Woodcliff Messenger April 20, 2018
- 04/13/2018 - Woodcliff Messenger April 13, 2018
- 04/06/2018 - Woodcliff Messenger April 6, 2018
There are no words to express the injustice, sorrow and horror about the tragedy surrounding the 215 bodies of children found buried at the residential school in Kamloops. We will not forget and we will continue to bring awareness to the forefront, advocate for social justice and change....
If I then, your Lord and Teacher, have washed your feet, you also ought to wash one another’s feet. For I have given you an example, that you also should do just as I have done to you. John 13: 14-15 Sunday, May 30th marks our second day of Workship at Woodcliff. We encourage...
Woodcliff United Celebrates Becoming an Affirming Church “What do you think you are celebrating!?” Those were the words my mom often used when she found my friends and me in costumes, and running around the yard in joyful abandon. We were connecting with the deep joy of being creative, diverse, authentic and fully accepting...
Red Dress Day is a day of national remembrance to honour Indigenous Missing and Murdered Women, Girls and Two Spirited People. We pray, honour and remember, and will continue to raise awareness about the ongoing plight Indigenous women face....
Monday online cooking classes have started as part of the small group ministries at Woodcliff United. We are delighted to be exploring new countries and talking about some of their food and traditions. Mexico, the Mediterranean, Israel and Vietnam are just a few of our destinations. A special thank you to Sheri for her...
On March 7th at the Woodcliff Annual Congregational Meeting, we became an official affirming community of faith! Please join us on May 16 for our Celebration Service....
Let's get in touch
Please add your email address in the bar below to sign up for our newsletter.